Interstate Motor Carrier Authority- Private Carrier/For-HireTo operate as an interstate private carrier or an interstate for-hire carrier, you must be properly registered with the FMCSA. Whether applying as an interstate private carrier or as an interstate for-hire carrier, the registration and authority applications must be made electronically through the Unified Registration System (URS) portal.
The URS registration and authority process requires additional elements filed outside of the URS portal application process. The FMCSA will keep your authority in a “pending” status until the completion of the required processes and protest periods. Your registration and authority can be granted and “active” in no less than 21 days but can take much longer based on the timeliness of the required filings and any “red flags” within the application that might indicate a closer inspection by the FMCSA.
There are steps that need to be taken both before and after your Federal registration and authority is applied for. Mistakes are costly both in time and money. Our experts will work with you from start to finish!
Our Basic Federal Registration And Authority Package Is Just $159*
- We will file for your Federal URS registration and authority on your behalf
- Obtain your USDOT Number
- Obtain your For-hire authority
- File for your Process Agents (BOC-3)
- We will work with you to have your insurance company provide the necessary insurance filing, not too soon and not too late
- Monitor your filing until processed
- Establish your ongoing FMCSA portal for the required biennial updates
*Plus Federal fees for Registration and Authority. After January, 2017, Registration and Authority fees will be $300 each.