Maintenance: Fuel Efficient Driving Techniques
This 18 min video addresses how you can have a positive impact on the single biggest challenge to running a fleet of trucks: Keeping the cost of fuel down.
Chances are, the costs of operating your vehicle are close to the national industry averages as reported by the American Transportation Research Institute. The figure they use is $1.593 per mile per truck.
Of this number, fuel accounted for $0.403/mile; maintenance came in at $0.156/mile; tires at $0.043/mile; and, insurance $0.092/mile. Fuel, then, accounts for over a third of the total cost-per-mile to operate a truck. The importance of fuel economy to the successful operation of a trucking company cannot be understated.
Watch the other Maintenance videos:
- Maintenance: Air Brake System
- Maintenance: Anti-Lock Brake Systems
- Maintenance: Basic Tire Maintenance
- Maintenance: Basic Tire Wear
- Maintenance: Brake Adjustments
- Maintenance: DVIR
- Maintenance: Fuel Efficient Driving Techniques
- Maintenance: Leaking Fluids
- Maintenance: Lighting and Markings
- Maintenance: Tire Fundamentals
For full list of free Driver Training Videos - click here.